You can go directly to the site to see the recipe by clicking here.
Or - I've posted it here for your convenience - my notes are in italics. Pictures of the process are at the bottom - you can click on them for a larger image.
Red Hot Fusilli
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup freshly minced parsley
- 4 cups ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon oregano leaves, crushed or 1 teaspoon dried oregano (I left this out and just used Italian Seasoning)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (Left this out)
- ground red pepper or cayenne pepper to taste (Added too much red pepper at first, so put just a bit of sugar in to offset it.)
- 8 oz. uncooked fusilli pasta (4 cups cooked)
- 1/2 lb. cooked chicken breasts, diced into 1/2-inch pieces (3/4 lb. raw) (optional) (I used Trader Joe's "Just Chicken" for a shortcut.)
Directions1. Heat oil in a medium saucepan. Sauté garlic and parsley until golden.
2. Add tomatoes and spices. Cook uncovered over low heat 15 minutes or until thickened, stirring frequently. Add chicken and continue cooking for 15 minutes until chicken is heated through and sauce is thick.
3. Cook pasta in unsalted water. Drain.
4. To serve, spoon sauce over pasta and sprinkle with coarsely chopped parsley. Serve hot as a main dish and cold for the next day's lunch.
Yield: 4 servings--Serving Size: 1 cup
|Cooking the sauce. God, I love fresh basil.|
|Sauce cooked down - and added chicken breast. I used Trader Joe's "Just Chicken."|
|Who knew Trader Joe's had crescent rolls? I do now! Added some garlic powder on top.|
|Dinner is served!|